Friday, August 1, 2008

We All Have a Choice


When I was a little boy my Mom sat with me and sat a box of crayons on the kitchen table. She had opened the box and asked me what color was my favorite. I chose red.
She asked me why I liked red,I said that it reminded me of the little girl next door.
She asked why was the little girl red to me. I said like this red Mom, and pointed to the roses she had put into the vase on the table that morning. Her hair smells red. She smells nice Mom. My Mom let it go at that and I colored my picture. A few days later she saw me coloring and sat with me. I was coloring in another color. She asked my why there was no red in my picture. I told her that red made the little girl next door cry. Found out she was playing dress up and put some of her Mom's makeup on. Her Mom drank a lot and she had pissed her off using her makeup. She beat
the little girl away so badly she was put in the hospital. I never saw the little girl again. She died of brain damage her mother inflicted on her. She was 6. When I see the color red it makes me sad in a way. Too small to stop things beyond my control. But like anything in this world there are many more colors. Happy colors, sad colors, and those in between. The colors we choose have a profound effect on our lives, and the way we live life it's self. Choose wisely, as the colors are what you choose them to be. The motorcoach you see here is a choice I made for myself. It is where I choose to live. I have everything you have with one exception. If I don't like where I am I can always move. I have a set time on this earth as do you. I get great joy from helping others and when in Gods great design sometimes it is given back to me. One selfless act, one distinct chance given by God or maybe a luck of fate. It is not dinstintly human. The animal kingdom does it all the time. Try it, the feeling you get inside is better than any substance humans have ever come up with.

No comments: